Thursday, May 29, 2008

Still in time

:o) Haha. I refuse to fail in my resolution. No way man. Cause I have some bullshit to blog about anyway. But first let me just do the boring part.
May has been an interesting month.
1) Long trips to Christchurch, and this current Moscow/Houston. Though it kind of sucks cos I miss home. And my Dy. And my new sheep soft toy which makes a 'Baaa' sound when you turn it 360 face down, batteries not required.
2) Karate seminar. A Sensei Tomiyama came down all the way from some part of UK to teach us basics. Sounds strange but its good stuff, makes me review certain aspects of training. I've got 2 pictures, but its quite useless.
3) Dy's birthday! Though I couldn't really celebrate for her, I hope she enjoyed whatever I could.
Time pasts very quickly for me so although there only three points above, they mean much to me.
Oh recently I've been re-watching videos of the Angry Video Game Nerd. Not sure if any of you know him, but here's the link, have a good laugh on a shitty day! http://cinemassacre.com/AVGN/Nes_Nerd_videos.html
I feel that i've been greatly influenced by him too. Have I said this before somewhere? Feels like Deja Vu.....
Uh huh. Lastly, i'm supposed to blog about this since April. Dy has been bugging me about it. Sometime in April we went for a jog together after donkey years. Well, it was a great jog. Evening time, comfortable weather, comfortable attire. So we were jogging randomly and Dy decided to bring me to Toa Payoh. But in the end I was the one to bring her there, by showing her places I used to hang around in the neighbourhood as a kid. Eventually we used the underpass and overhead pass and viola, Toa Payoh! But guess what, we went to eat Crystal Jade! Sweaty and smelly and filthy, but she led the way and I followed suit. Should have brought along my card, then we could have had a better dinner. So since I didn't and only had 10 bucks with me, we ate Xiao Long Bao. Was there something else too? Oh dear. I guess the staff were quite appalled and pissed cos I wet their furniture with my soaked ass. But we enjoyed our Bao anyway. And jogged a different route back home. What an adventure for us.
Ok, now for the nonsense stuff. I'm gonna talk about fucked up hotel rooms. Every blog I'm gonna talk about something bad about it. And mind you, these are 4/5 star hotels; not four fifth, its four or five. I will try to post pictures of rooms i've been in, and hopefully I don't get sued for defamation or any other shit because it's a matter of reputation and not monetary claims. But thats another story for some other time, if I feel like it.
Back to the rooms. You won't believe how ridiculous some of them are, but its so fucking true. The thought of it makes me wanna drown in my own fart.
So this is the first in the series of fucked up hotel rooms; Clocks. Congratulations you piece of shit. What kind of a fucking hotel room doesn't provide you with time man. I can't imagine a room without clocks. Can you? Even some toilets have the courtesy to let you time your shit, but how can a hotel room go without a clock or watch or timer or whatever the fuck that gives the slightest clue of the current local time? Even the TV doesn't show you the local time because its showing cable TV. Wtf man. You've got to do your own maths and calculate your own GMT or UMT or UHT, or keep a mental clock and stay awake the whole time or keep calling the reception and getting pissed off by the bloody bloodsuckers or if you're that hardworking enough, go down to the lobby where sometimes there's a display of a thousand time zones. Yeah right. Why don't you just re-use one of it in one the rooms to make my stay more comfortable. It doesn't really make me feel comfortable to have a clock, but it's definitely uncomfortable without one, you know what I mean? Kiss my ass if you don't. It's just unforgivable to leave out this one basic necessity of life, which has followed us through the passage of time. I just can't get myself over this traumatic experience. Yeah I know, I have a phone and sometimes a watch, thank goodness, but what's the point if you're gonna pay so much money to inconvenience yourself. I've got other better things to worry about in life, like what time my favourite cartoon is showing, what time I have to sleep so I don't get insomnia from time difference, what time I have to wake up so I can have enough time to sleep again, what time I have to brush my teeth by, what time to eat so my bowels don't screw up at the most crucial point, what time to plan for my next time etc. Damn it. I could go on with this crap but I'm really cut out of time.
I'm gonna take a break for now.