Thursday, September 30, 2004

Free Essay

Jady is fulfilling his promise to post his sec school's 'masterpieces'! Aren't you people excited? Well as mentioned before, I've only kept those compositions that was graded A, so, judge for yourselves~

A Lesson In Punctuality

I was once a person who was always late for any function. Due to this, my friends disliked going out with me, but after one final occasion, I have turned into an extremely punctual person.

Before that occasion, I would be late for outings for about fifteen to twenty minutes. By the time I meet my friends, they would have finished walking through half of the shopping centre, and so I would only join them for the next half and then go home early. This occasion, cured my latecoming habit totally. In fact now I am so afraid of being late, that I arrive at the meeting place half an hour earlier, even if the meeting place is at my void deck.


Recently, a new female student from another school enrolled in my school. She was the most beautiful and elegant girl I have ever met. Soon she became known as the school-belle, and even so she remained humble - a reflection of her personality. Also, because of her friendly nature, she quickly made a lot og friends. The boys were desperately dying to become her boyfriend, but she showed little interest in them.

Soon I found out from her friends that she had been eyeing me for a long time ever since she first saw me during her orientation week. I was stunned beyond words, such that I could not speak. Her friends told me that she wanted to become my friend, but was too shy to open her mouth and ask. I felt over the moon! A school-belle actually wanted to become my friend! I hid the joy from my friends, and acted as though I did not believe them. Little did I expect that they had brought her along.

Once our eyes met, it was the feeling of "love-at-first-sight". We introduced ourselves, and talked about our hobbies. I found out that we had a lot in common. I could not believe that we had so much to talk about during the first meeting, it was as though we had known each other before, and we were trying to catch up with the years of "lost communication". In the twinkling of an eye, we realised we had spoken for a few hours, and it was getting late. I sent her home and went back reluctantly.

It was a pity that she was not in my class, so we had little chance to see each other, but a few days later, we met. She wanted to date me. When I heard it, I was jubilant. Of course, I quickly agreed.

"Hey! I can't believe that she would actually date a freak like you!" one of my buddies blurted. It seemed that almost the whole school knew about it already. I could well understand why he said that.

On the day of the outing, I was playing games on my computer. I was so engrossed that I forgot to stop. When I finally stopped, I was only left with forty-five minutes to the time of the date. I rushed into the bathroom, but came out only half an hour later. I took my time drying my hair and putting on my nice clothes. Soon, I had only five minutes to reach a place which I would usually take fifteen minutes to reach.

I waited for the bus to arrive. When it came, I was already late for ten minutes. The bus "zoomed" off, and I reached my destination ten minutes later.

I saw her waiting, and stirring her cup of coffee. I quickly sat down and tried to explain. She was crying, and I felt so ungentlemanly to be letting a girl wait for so long on the first date. When she stopped crying she left the table without a word. I was heartbroken.

The next day in school, she refused to see me. Everyone supported her and I felt very miserable and lonely.

With a heart to changing the bad habit, I am now meeting my friends half an hour earlier. Who knows, one day she might realise my sincerity and forgive me.

I really regret being so unpunctual, and I have learnt my lesson.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm the story's made up in a frenzy, so there are loopholes. And compo's the best place to lie and say everything good about yourself, not here though.
:o)