Monday, October 11, 2004

Ee Ya Ee Ya Yo 3

With a Cluck Cluck here, Cluck Cluck there
Here Cluck there Cluck everywhere Cluck Cluck

Cluck!
I didn't sleep by 1am last night.
I didn't wake up by 9.00am to train this morning. While I did wake up, I felt so tired and the day was raining, or so I thought. So I set my alarm to 9.40 and went back to sleep.
9.40am. I woke up! And walked to my parents bedroom to sleep.
Until 12pm Vicky called me and asked me to go for breadfirst, did I drag my fat ass off the bed. Met him at 1pm and had a hard time deciding where to eat. Finally we settled for Little India since he wanted to eat a lot of rice.
So we took the NEL to Little India and then walked under the cursed sun to a restuarant called.....called what ah? Anyway it is located beside the Indian temple. We had very good Dum Briyani and lime juice. The serving was enough for Ang Mohs. Vicky also ordered a side dish for us each. Total cost was $21, but the kind onwer who happened to be Vicky's neighbour gave us a very good discount of $1. So we were happy. Actually the meal would be just right if we minus the side dish of sotong and tandoori chicken and the lime juice, as all Indian restuarant serves self-serviced free-flow plain water and white rice; and with this the meal would cost $12 only, and probably with a little tactic could further reduce it by $2. Anyway the food was really good.

So if anyone is interested to eat there please don't hestitate to find out the location of the restuarant yourself.
After the meal we decided to walk to PS. We were walking along the shops and this particular shop caught my attention. The shop's name is Tushiv, and is on the same row of shops with the restuarant above. So if somehow you can find this shop, just follow the direction of the traffic and walk till the end of the road. And there you have it! The restuarant!
Back to Tushiv. I went in and looked around the shop as the items displayed were very non-traditional. They are selling 'portraits' of various deities including Indian gods and goddesses, Sayed Baba, the Buddha and Mother (or is it Sister?) Mary. Let me try describing the portrait. It is like a big piece of metal/stone, and carved into it is the illustration itself. So it's something like, whether you place the item facing you or away from you, there will be the illustration itself. But the main illustration is on the carved side. I was quite impressed with the handwork and quality of the material. But what caught my attention next is the mean idea of the item. The illustration 'follows' you no matter which angle you look at it from. Which means if I stood 45degrees to the left of the item, the illustration will be looking to the left at you. If I stood in the centre, it will be looking straight at you. It's superb art. But I guess it must be very costly, and I don't see any price tags.
Moving on from here, I saw a shop selling sugar cane juice. The owner pasted some posters and three of them read: "Sugar Cane Juice (break line) with (break line) lemon", "Sugar Cane Juice (break line) with (break line) Ice", and the best of the best, "Sugar Cane Juice (break line) with (break line) without Ice". Crap. Then further down, I saw an advertisement for a handphone's shop. They wrote Buying/Selling Good/Bad Hand Chicken. I'm sure you've seen this advertisement before.They didn't know how to write the word for phone in Chinese, and they have a shop.
So finally we arrived at PS, perspiring and smelly as though we came from Little India. But we did come from Little India. Hmm nvm.
We ended up in the arcade and played Royal Rumble, ahahahahah. It's quite fun, but I have no idea why I lost, twice. Then I went to try the 'Stacker'. It's a kind of try-your-luck game whereby you have to stack blocks of blocks on top of each other. The prizes are very attractive, well at least the Major ones. They consisted of: a 3120, a 3200, a mp3 player, and something else which didn't catch my attention. I saw a few guys playing first, because actually I didn't know how to play it. They were lousy. But at least I learnt something from them, Thanks! Then I went to try. I almost hit the Major Prize level, when I got too excited and landed the block elsewhere. Damn it. I could have gotten a free phone! The subsequent 2nd and 3rd try were much poorer, been too complacent. But tomolo I might try again. I really need a phone. And if I can manage to get it, Vicky has requested for me to get the mp3 player for him. And I might just try again for the other phone, and sell it! WHahahahahah. $1 for $++ I could just get rich man! Ahem.....
After that Vicky wanted to buy velcros for his Hotwheels collection. We searched the whole of Spotlight and suddenly out of nowhere I noticed it lying on a shelf all by itself. And after making some enquiries here and there, he bought 2 metres of the velcro. Then we went to Carrefour. I needed to buy toilet papers. I also bought a Lin Zheng Ying's movie. I love his ghostbusting movies. I have a few of his movies at home. They are very very nice and funny. He is the only man who can play a ghostbuster so well. I used to imitate him and tried burning this and that and stamped my foot on the ground etc etc. But he died from cancer in 1997, if I remembered the date correctly. In fact I dreamt about his funeral. It was as though I was attending it, felt so real. And then soon after the dream I read in the newspapers that he died.
After this, we wanted to go back. But saw an arcade in Dhoby Gaut station itself so we decided to check it out. It's quite a nice environment, though not many people were inside. Beside the arcade was the X Box entertainment centre where you can play X box games. Not sure about the rates though. I think this two shops are very nicely situated, and unique.
We didn't go home, but went to ska. I fell asleep in the nice library and about 7pm Vicky left. I woke up at 7.15pm to water the plants. And then remembered I was supposed to be having dinner with my family. So quickly rushed back home, perspiring and smelly as though I just came from Little India.
Went to eat at some coffeeshop near my house. Dunno what Fishhead Steamboat. Tasted like Sliced fish soup to me.
So now I'm back. And I'm going to bathe~ And watch Bi Xue Jian!
hahahhahah hopefully tomolo I will wake up early to train. I'm growing fatter by the day.....